What is the purpose of this policy ?
We attach great importance to the protection and confidentiality of your personal data, which represent for us a pledge of seriousness and trust.
Who does this policy apply to ?
The policy applies to you, regardless of where you live, as long as you are at least 15 years old, whether you are a customer or a visitor to www.buyco.co.
If you are an applicant for a position within BuyCo, you can consult the “applicant” policy which is accessible at any time on our dedicated page accessible on www.buyco.co as well as on the pages of other standard sites specialized in recruitment (e.g. Linkedin, Indeed, etc.).
Why do we process your data ?
As part of the services we offer, we may need to process your personal data for the following reasons and purposes :
- To browse our website BuyCo and benefit from our services (e.g. booking and tracking of containers, etc.) and so that we can respond to your requests (e.g. requests for information, complaints, etc.) on the basis of our general terms and conditions of sale, our general terms and conditions of use, and our legitimate interest to provide you with the best possible service.
- To keep you informed of our latest offers and events by phone and email based on our legitimate interest in building customer loyalty and prospecting for potential new customers.
- To operate the videos published on our site on the basis of your prior consent.
- To ensure your safety within our premises by using video protection cameras on the basis of our legitimate interest to protect you as well as our employees and our premises.
- To guarantee and reinforce the security and quality of our services on a daily basis (e.g. statistics, data security, etc.) on the basis of the legal obligations weighing on us, our general terms and conditions of sale and our legitimate interest in ensuring the proper functioning of our services.
- Finally, we may also install “Cookies” on your terminal. For more information on the use of “Cookies”, we invite you to consult our “Cookies Policy”.
Your data is collected directly from you when you log on to our website and use our services. However, we may obtain your data through database providers. In this case, these providers have always obtained your prior consent for us to contact you.
We undertake to process your data only for the purposes described above. On the other hand, when you voluntarily publish content on the pages we publish on social networks, you acknowledge that you are entirely responsible for any personal information you may transmit, regardless of the nature and origin of the information provided.
What data do we process and for how long ?
We have summarized the categories of personal data we collect and the respective retention periods.
If you would like to know more about the retention periods applicable to your data, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Professional identification data (e.g. name, first name, position, company, etc.) and contact information (e.g. professional email address, Linkedin, etc.) kept for the entire duration of the provision of the service, plus the legal limitation periods, which are generally 5 years.
- When there is a confusion between the name of your structure and your personal name (e.g.: auto-entrepreneur, VSE, etc.), economic and financial data (e.g.: bank account number, verification code, etc.) kept for the duration necessary for the transaction and the management of the invoicing and payments to which are added the legal prescription periods which are generally from 5 to 10 years.
- Data for the purposes of commercial prospecting, marketing and subscription to our newsletter (e.g.: email address, etc.) kept for a maximum of 3 years from the last contact we had with you.
- Video protection images collected with our video protection cameras and kept for a maximum period of one month.
- Statistical data related to the viewing of our videos which are anonymized and kept for an unlimited period.
- Connection data (e.g. logs, IP address, etc.) which are kept for a period of 1 year.
Once the retention periods summarized above have expired, we delete all your personal data to ensure your privacy for years to come.
The deletion of your personal data is irreversible and we will no longer be able to communicate it to you after this period. At most, we can only keep anonymous data for statistical purposes.
Please also note that in the event of litigation, we are obliged to keep all data concerning you for the entire duration of the processing of the case, even after the expiry of the retention periods described above.
What rights do you have to control the use of your data ?
The applicable data protection regulations give you specific rights that you can exercise, at any time and free of charge, to control the use we make of your data.
- Right of access and copy of your personal data as long as this request is not in contradiction with business secrecy, confidentiality, or the secrecy of correspondence.
- Right to rectify personal data that are erroneous, obsolete or incomplete.
- The right to object to the processing of your personal data for commercial prospecting purposes.
- Right to request the deletion (“right to be forgotten”) of your personal data that are not essential to the proper functioning of our services.
- Right to the limitation of your personal data which allows to photograph the use of your data in case of dispute on the legitimacy of a processing.
- Right to the portability of your data which allows you to recover part of your personal data in order to store them or transmit them easily from one information system to another.
- The right to give instructions on what to do with your data in the event of your death, either through you or through a trusted third party or a beneficiary.
For a request to be taken into account, it is imperative that it be made directly by you at email@example.com. Any request that is not made in this manner cannot be processed.
Requests cannot be made by anyone other than you. We may therefore ask you to provide proof of identity if there is any doubt about the identity of the requester.
We will respond to your request as soon as possible, but no later than three months after receipt, if the request is technically complex or if we receive many requests at the same time.
Please note that we can always refuse to respond to any excessive or unfounded request, particularly with regard to its repetitive nature.
Who can access your data ?
We will only share your data with those persons who are authorized to use it to implement our services. This may include our staff in charge of service implementation, accounting, marketing or even security of our premises.
How do we protect your data ?
We implement all the technical and organizational means required to guarantee the security of your data on a daily basis and, in particular, to fight against any risk of destruction, loss, alteration, or disclosure of your data that would not be authorized (e.g.: antivirus, locked offices, information systems charter, PSSI, anti-spam, passwords, “HTTPS”, etc.).
Can your data be transferred outside the European Union ?
Unless strictly necessary and on an exceptional basis, we never transfer your data outside the European Union and your data is always hosted within the European Union. In addition, we make every effort to use only service providers who host your data within the European Union.
Should our service providers nevertheless transfer your personal data outside the European Union, we take great care to ensure that they implement appropriate safeguards to ensure the confidentiality and protection of your data.
Who can you contact for more information ?
Our Data Protection Officer (“DPO”) is always available to explain in more detail how we process your data and to answer any questions you may have on the subject at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
How can you contact the CNIL ?
You can contact the French data protection supervisory authority (the “Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés” or “CNIL”) at any time at the following address CNIL Complaints Department, 3 place de Fontenoy – TSA 80751, 75334 Paris Cedex 07 or by telephone at 01.53.73.22.22.
Can the policy be changed ?
Certified compliant by Dipeeo ®